Please note we do not sell or pass on your details to any unrelated third parties.
What information do we collect
When you contact us through the contact form
Our contact form requires you to provide your name and email address, you can also optionally provide your telephone number and further information within the message itself.
When you make a booking
Our tour booking form requires you to provide, both for yourself and additional people included in your booking, the following information:
- Email address
- Telephone number(s)
- Date of Birth – this information is deleted once the tour is finished
- Details of any medical issues which may be relevant while taking part in the tour – this information is deleted once the tour is finished
- Details of any special dietary requirements – this information is deleted once the tour is finished
- Emergency contact name – this information is deleted once the tour is finished
- Emergency contact telephone number – this information is deleted once the tour is finished
When you make a payment
Our online card payments are handled by third party payment processors PayPal and Worldpay. Peak Tours do not collect any card details during online card payments. If you call us to pay using a card over the phone, we will take your card number, card expiry date and card security code and enter them into Worldpay’s online application without recording them ourselves. In the occasional circumstance that we do need to record any payment details taken over the phone, we will destroy these as soon as the payment has been taken.
How we use this information
- To answer any queries – we will use the email and any other information provided in order to respond to your query.
- To organise and run our tours – we use the information you have provided while booking in order to provide you with the information required to do our tour, and to ensure the tour runs smoothly.
- Marketing – You may receive occasional newsletters about Peak Tours & the Peak District. Our email newsletters are sent using Constant Contact. If you decide that you would prefer not to receive such information then you can opt out at any time by notifying us by phone, email, in writing or using the ‘unsubscribe’ tab whenever you receive such emails.
How long do we keep information
We only keep information for as long as we think that information may be useful. Some of the information you provide to us when booking a tour, for example date of births, medical details, dietary details and emergency contact details are deleted once the tour has finished. Contact details such as names, addresses, email addresses and phone numbers are kept for longer so that we can keep you informed about our services in the future but you can request that we delete these details at any time.
Security of information
We take all reasonable precautions to keep your Personal Information secure. All personally identifiable information is subject to restricted access to prevent unauthorised access, modification or misuse.
How can I exercise my rights under the GDPR?
To exercise your rights under GDPR please contact us as detailed below.
Who to contact
Privacy and our website
In order to enable us to provide you with a personalised browsing experience, this site uses cookie information collection technology. Cookies are small pieces of information that are issued to your computer when you enter a website. Cookies are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive, and they can be used for a wide range of purposes, such as identifying your computer’s previous visits to this website, to ascertain the most popular features of this website and to show you relevant advertising as you browse the internet.
When someone visits peak-tours.com we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
You are not obliged to accept cookies and you may amend your browser’s settings to prevent it from accepting cookies. You can also opt out of Google’s remarketing cookies by visiting this page: