The Ultimate Peak District Tour
This amazing tour starts in the historic High Peak village of Hathersage, nestling beneath a series of spectacular ridges and tors. A leisurely cycle to Castleton takes you around the forested banks of the Upper Derwent Reservoirs, which blend in perfectly to the surrounding landscape. From Castleton you will continue through the historic village of Eyam before arriving at England’s highest market town at Buxton, known for its rejuvenating Spa water. A fantastic trail south takes you through numerous historic limestone villages and through Derbyshire’s best known dale, Dovedale, to Ashbourne. Your final day’s ride to Matlock provides a fantastic end to this comprehensive tour.
Arrival Day: Arrive Hathersage
Arrive at your accommodation in the historic village of Hathersage.
Day 1: Hathersage – Castleton (16 or 26 miles)
From Hathersage you will pass through Bamford and cross the the Ladybower Reservoir to the Upper Derwent Reservoirs. This fantastic trail takes you round the banks of the Ladybower, Derwent & Howden Reservoirs, famous for being the place where 617 ‘Dambusters’ squadron tested the bouncing bomb. The reservoirs blend in perfectly with the surrounding hills carpeted in alpine woodland. You will continue through the village of Hope to arrive at Castleton which has a number of fine country pubs, 3 show caverns & an 11th century Norman castle.
Day 2: Castleton – Buxton (14, 23 or 30 miles)
Once away from Castleton & Bradwell, quiet country lanes take you to the fantastic ridge at Bretton, before dropping down to the infamous plague village of Eyam. Continuing through Foolow & on past St. Peters stone you pass the picturesque village of Litton before arriving at ‘Cathedral of the Peak’ Tideswell. You will pass through the small farming villages of Wheston & Small Dale before dropping down into Buxton. You have a choice to take a slightly longer route after Wheston to include a number of other sleepy hamlets best discovered by bike.
Day 3: Buxton – Ashbourne (29 miles)
Cycling south from Buxton you will join the Pennine Cycleway, a flat traffic free bridleway which winds its way past delightful villages such as Hartington, famous for its magnificent 17th century hall, a fine example of a typical Peak District Manor Mouse. The village is also home to Derbyshire’s last remaining cheese factory which can still be bought from the dairy shop. You will continue to the spectacular limestone gorges of Dove Dale & the Swiss style cottages of Ilam, which is also home to the Gothic Manor House at Ilam Hall. Your final stop in Ashbourne, one of Derbyshire’s finest old towns has a wealth of Georgian architecture & interesting cobbled lanes to discover.
Day 4: Ashbourne to Matlock (17 or 25 miles)
Travelling along the southern section of the Pennine Bridleway takes you to the charming village of Tissington, known for its ancient festival of well-dressing, a custom which dates back to 1350. Tissington is also known for the interesting Norman church of St. Mary & the 500 year old Tissington Hall which is a well worth a visit. Cycling away from the trail takes you along quiet country lanes through ancient Bradbourne to the banks of Carsington Water & on through Hopton to the fine viewpoint at Middleton Top. Continuing along the trail takes you to spectacular Black Rocks with amazing views over Matlock & Riber Castle. A great decent through more deciduous woodland takes down into Cromford & onto Matlock Bath & Matlock. If you make Matlock in good time you may wish to take the cable car at ‘The Heights of Abraham’ or simply relax & unwind at the end of your tour.
Day 5: Tour Ends or Matlock – Hathersage (20 miles)
You can take the train back to Hathersage or if you prefer you may wish to cycle back to Hathersage through the Chatsworth Estate, with a chance to visit the opulent house & gardens.
All our routes are along quiet country lanes & tracks (cycling) or Footpaths, tracks, bridleways & country lanes (walking). Routes are designed to take you to the most interesting attractions, picturesque villages & outstanding scenery the Peak District has to offer.
Our detailed maps and route notes ensure easy navigation & take you to the best cafes & pubs. Opening times, telephone numbers & general details are provided for all the places you will pass, allowing you to plan lunch stops, rest stops etc.
Our routes have been designed to keep away from the main roads, avoid killer hills & to take in the nicest & most unspoilt parts of the Peak District.
Most places you will stay are small family run B&B's, country pubs & guesthouses. If you would like a single room please book early as single rooms are often limited.
Local knowledge is invaluable when choosing good accommodation & all the places you will stay have been carefully selected on grounds of location, character, friendliness of the staff and cleanliness.
All prices are per person based on 2 people sharing either a twin or double room. If you would like to book a single supplement please state this on the booking form & we will contact you to discuss prices & availability.
Your are provided with historical information about all the towns & villages you will pass through, interesting facts about the area and all relevant information about the attractions & amenities nearby.
Emergency Backup number
In the unlikely event that you have any problems you have that piece of mind to know that we are always only a phone call away. It doesn't happen very often but it's reassuring to know that we will come to rescue you if required.
Luggage Transfer Option
If you chose the luggage transfer option we will pick your bags up in the morning & deliver them to your next overnight stop so that they are waiting for you when you arrive. This allows you to travel light & not worry about carrying all your things with you each day.
Start Location & Dates
All tours depart on any day of the week subject to accommodation availability.
Most tours are designed so that you start from a Location with good rail links and travel by public transport is recommended.
By making a booking, the first named person on the booking agrees on behalf of all persons detailed on the booking that:
- he/she has read these Booking Conditions and has the authority to and does agree to be bound by them;
- he/she is over 18 years of age and resident in the United Kingdom and where placing an order for services with age restrictions declares that he/she and all members of the party are of the appropriate age to purchase those services;
- he/she accepts financial responsibility for payment of the booking on behalf of all persons detailed on the booking.
- he/she has key rights under the Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018 - Standard Information Form on Travellers Rights when Booking a Package Holiday.
1. Booking & Paying For Your Arrangements
A booking is made with us when you pay us a deposit (or full payment if you are booking within 60 days of departure) and we issue you with a booking confirmation. All bookings are made subject to the eligibility requirements listed at section 2 below. We reserve the right to return your deposit and decline to issue a booking confirmation at our absolute discretion. A binding contract will come into existence between you and us as soon as we have issued you with a booking confirmation that will confirm the details of your booking and will be sent to you. The accommodation provisions included at section 14 will also apply to your booking.
Upon receipt, if you believe that any details on booking confirmation or any other document are wrong you must advise us immediately as changes cannot be made later and it may harm your rights if we are not notified of any inaccuracies in any document within ten days of our sending it out.
The balance of the cost of your arrangements (including any applicable surcharge) is due not less than 60 days prior to scheduled departure. You will receive a payment reminder from us prior to your balance becoming due. If we do not receive this balance in full and on time, we reserve the right to treat your booking as cancelled by you in which case we shall retain your deposit.
2. Eligibility Requirements
In booking with Peak Tours you understand that there are certain risks and dangers inherent in taking part in a cycling holiday and that by the very nature of the activities you will participate in these may be hazardous to you, including cycling on uneven surfaces, cycling in inclement weather, cycling in close proximity to vehicular traffic and any other activities involving inherently dangerous risks, and you acknowledge that you will be exposed to an element of personal risk. These include the risk of personal injury and death and loss of or damage to your property. You are under a duty to mitigate any risks to yourself as far as is practicable, by taking all reasonable steps to comply with all instructions of your tour leader and the instructions included in your route map, and taking all reasonable steps to ensure your own safety whilst taking part in the holiday.
It is your responsibility to ensure that you are at a sufficient level of fitness to take part in your chosen holiday (please also see section 13 - Disabilities and Medical Problems). You will generally be at a sufficient level of fitness if you are able to complete your day's cycling within a reasonable timescale (which shall be set by your tour leader, and in respect of most holidays shall mean completing the day's cycling by 18:30 hours local time at the latest). If you finish your day's cycling beyond this time period, it shall be at the tour leader's absolute discretion as to whether you are at a sufficient level of fitness to continue with your chosen holiday. You are required to follow any safety advice or other instructions provided to you by your tour leader, and wear a cycle helmet and appropriate clothing at all times whilst cycling.
If you are using your own bike, it must be suitable for use for the duration of the route of your chosen holiday. It is your responsibility to arrange for your bike to be transported to the holiday. Your bike must be insured for the duration of your holiday, and your insurance should cover loss or damage to your bike that may occur during your holiday. Peak Tours take great care to ensure that your bike is safe at all times. However, Peak Tours cannot accept any responsibility for any damage to your bike or loss of your bike, including if your bike is stolen during the holiday.
Bike hire is available to be booked at any time up to the start of your holiday, subject to availability. If you choose the bike hire option, your bike will be provided at the beginning of the holiday and returned to ground staff at the end of your holiday.
We endeavour to ensure that all the information and prices contained in our advertising material are accurate, however occasionally changes and errors occur and we reserve the right to correct prices and other details in such circumstances. You must check the current price and all other details relating to the arrangements that you wish to book before you make your booking.
Adequate travel insurance is a condition of your contract with us. You must be satisfied that your insurance fully covers all your personal requirements including pre-existing medical conditions, cancellation charges, medical expenses and repatriation in the event of accident or illness. If you choose to travel without adequate insurance cover, we will not be liable for any losses howsoever arising, in respect of which insurance cover would otherwise have been available.
We reserve the right to amend the price of unsold holidays at any time and correct errors in the prices of confirmed holidays. We also reserve the right to increase the price of confirmed holidays solely to allow for increases which are a direct consequence of changes in:
- the price of the carriage of passengers resulting from the cost of fuel or other power sources;
- the level of taxes or fees chargeable for services applicable to the holiday imposed by third parties not directly involved in the performance of the holiday, including tourist taxes, landing taxes or embarkation or disembarkation fees at ports; and
- the exchange rates relevant to the package.
Such variations could include but are not limited to cost changes which are part of our contracts with accommodation suppliers (and their agents), transfer operators and any other transport providers.
You will be charged for the amount of any increase in accordance with this clause. However, if this means that you have to pay an increase of more than 8% of the price of your confirmed holiday (excluding any insurance premiums, amendment charges and/or additional services or travel arrangements), you will have the option of accepting a change to another holiday if we are able to offer one (if this is of lower price you will be refunded the difference in price), or cancelling and receiving a full refund of all monies paid to us, except for any insurance premiums and any amendment charges and/or additional services or travel arrangements. Should you decide to cancel for this reason, you must exercise your right to do so within 7 days from the issue date printed on your final invoice. We will consider an appropriate refund of insurance premiums paid if you can show that you are unable to transfer or reuse your policy.
Should the price of your holiday go down due to the changes mentioned above, then any refund due will be paid to you less an administrative fee of £10. However, please note that travel arrangements are not always purchased in local currency and some apparent changes have no impact on the price of your travel due to contractual and other protection in place.
There will be no change made to the price of your confirmed holiday within 20 days of your departure nor will refunds be paid during this period.
6. Jurisdiction and Applicable Law
These Booking Conditions and any agreement to which they apply are governed in all respects by English law. We both agree that any dispute, claim or other matter which arises between us out of or in connection with your contract or booking will be dealt with by the Courts of England and Wales only. You may however, choose the law and jurisdiction of Scotland or Northern Ireland if you live in those places and if you wish to do so.
7.Cutting your holiday short
If you are forced to return home early, we cannot refund the cost of any travel arrangements you have not used. If you cut short your holiday and return home early in circumstances where you have no reasonable cause for complaint about the standard of accommodation and services provided, we will not offer you any refund for that part of your holiday not completed, or be liable for any associated costs you may incur. Depending on the circumstances, your travel insurance may offer cover for curtailment and we suggest that any claim is made directly with them.
8. If You Change Your Booking & Transfers of Bookings
If you wish to change any part of your booking after our confirmation invoice has been issued, you must inform us in writing (which includes by email) as soon as possible. This should be done by the first named person on the booking. Whilst we will do our best to assist, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to meet your requested change. Where we can meet a request, all changes will be subject to payment of any costs and charges incurred by us and/or incurred or imposed by any of our suppliers in making this change. You should be aware that these costs could increase the closer to the departure date that changes are made and you should contact us as soon as possible. Where we are unable to assist you and you do not wish to proceed with the original booking we will treat this as a cancellation by you. A cancellation fee may be payable in accordance with clause 9.
Transfer of Booking:
If you or any member of your party is prevented from travelling, that person(s) may transfer their place to someone else, subject to the following conditions:
- that person is introduced by you and satisfies all the conditions applicable to the holiday;
- we are notified not less than 7 days before departure;
- you pay any fees, charges or other costs arising from the transfer; and
- the transferee agrees to these booking conditions and all other terms of the contract between us.
You and the transferee remain jointly and severally liable for payment of all sums. If you are unable to find a replacement, cancellation charges as set out in clause 9 will apply in order to cover our estimated costs. Otherwise, no refunds will be given for passengers not travelling or for unused services.
Important Note: Certain arrangements may not be amended or transferred after they have been confirmed and any alteration could incur a cancellation charge of up to 100% of that part of the arrangements.
9. If You Cancel Your Booking Before Departure
If you or any other member of your party decides to cancel your confirmed booking you must notify us in writing (which includes by email). Your notice of cancellation will only take effect when it is received in writing by us at our offices and will be effective from the date on which we receive it.
Since we incur costs in cancelling your arrangements, you will have to pay the cancellation charges as follows:
|More than 60 days before start date||Deposit|
|60 - 0 days||100%|
Important Note: Certain arrangements may not be amended after they have been confirmed and any alteration or cancellation could incur a cancellation charge of up to 100% of that part of the arrangements in addition to the charge above.
If the reason for your cancellation is covered under the terms of your insurance policy, you may be able to reclaim these charges.
Where possible, we will deduct the cancellation charge(s) from any monies you have already paid to us.
10. If We Change or Cancel
As we plan your holiday arrangements many months in advance we may occasionally have to make changes or cancel your booking and we reserve the right to do so at any time.
Changes: If we make a minor change to your holiday, we will make reasonable efforts to inform you as soon as reasonably possible if there is time before your departure but we will have no liability to you. An example of a minor change would include change of accommodation to another of the same or higher standard.
Occasionally we may have to make a significant change to your confirmed arrangements. Examples of "significant changes" include the following, when made before departure:
- A change of accommodation area for the whole or a significant part of your time away.
- A change of accommodation to that of a lower standard or classification for the whole or a significant part of your time away.
- A change of outward departure time or overall length of your arrangements by more than 12 hours.
- A significant change to your itinerary, missing out one or more destination entirely.
Cancellation: We will not cancel your travel arrangements less than 60 days before your departure date, except for reasons of Events Beyond Our Control or failure by you to pay the final balance. We may cancel your holiday before this date if, e.g., the minimum number of clients required for a particular travel arrangement is not reached.
If we have to make a significant change or cancel, we will tell you as soon as possible and if there is time to do so before departure, we will offer you the choice of:
- (for significant major changes) accepting the changed arrangements; or
- having a refund of all monies paid; or
- if available and where we offer one, accepting an offer of an alternative holiday (we will refund any price difference if the alternative is of a lower value).
You must notify us of your choice within 7 days of our offer. If we do not hear from you within 7 days, we will contact you again to request notification of your choice. If you fail to respond again, we will assume that you have chosen to accept the change or alternative booking arrangements.
In addition to a full refund of all monies paid by you, we will pay you compensation as detailed below, in the following circumstances:
- If, where we make a significant change, you do not accept the changed arrangements and cancel your booking;
- If we cancel your booking and no alternative arrangements are available and/or we do not offer one.
The compensation that we offer does not exclude you from claiming more if you are entitled to do so.
|Period before departure in which we notify you||Amount you will receive from us*|
|More than 60 days||£0|
*IMPORTANT NOTE: We will not pay you compensation in the following circumstances:
- where we make a minor change;
- where we make a significant change or cancel your arrangements more than 60 days before departure;
- where we make a significant change and you accept those changed arrangements or you accept an offer of alternative travel arrangements;
- where we have to cancel your arrangements as a result of your failure to make full payment on time;
- where the change or cancellation by us arises out of alterations to the confirmed booking requested by you;
- where we are forced to cancel or change your arrangements due to Events Beyond Our Control (see clause 11).
If we become unable to provide a significant proportion of the arrangements that you have booked with us after you have departed, we will, if possible, make alternative arrangements for you at no extra charge and where those alternative arrangements are of a lower standard, provide you with an appropriate price reduction.
11. Events Beyond Our Control
Except where otherwise expressly stated in these Booking Conditions we will not be liable or pay you compensation if our contractual obligations to you are affected by "Events Beyond Our Control". For the purposes of these Booking Conditions, Events Beyond Our Control means any event beyond our or our supplier's control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all reasonable measures had been taken. Examples include warfare and acts of terrorism (and threat thereof), civil strife, significant risks to human health such as the outbreak of serious disease at the travel destination or natural disasters such as floods, earthquakes or weather conditions which make it impossible to travel safely to the travel destination or remain at the travel destination, the act of any government or other national or local authority including port or river authorities, industrial dispute, labour strikes, lock closure, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, chemical or biological disaster, unavoidable technical problems with transport and all similar events outside our or the supplier(s) concerned's control.
Brexit Implications: please note that certain travel arrangements may be affected as a result of the United Kingdom's decision to leave the European Union. Please rest assured that this is something we will continue to monitor and will advise our customers as soon as possible if we become aware of any confirmed bookings that will be affected. However, since this is something which is completely unprecedented and outside our control, we would treat any such changes as Events Beyond Our Control, and whilst we will endeavour to provide suitable alternative arrangements or refunds where possible, we will not be liable to pay you any compensation.
12. Special Requests
Any special requests must be advised to us at the time of booking e.g. diet, room location, a particular facility at a hotel etc. You should then confirm your requests in writing. Whilst every effort will be made by us to try and arrange your reasonable special requests, we cannot guarantee that they will be fulfilled. The fact that a special request has been noted on your confirmation invoice or any other documentation or that it has been passed on to the supplier is not confirmation that the request will be met. Failure to meet any special request will not be a breach of contract on our part unless the request has been specifically confirmed by us. We do not accept bookings that are conditional upon any special request being met.
13. Disabilities and Medical Problems
We are not a specialist disabled holiday company, but we will do our utmost to cater for any special requirements you may have. If you or any member of your party has any medical problem or disability which may affect your booking, please provide us with full details before you make your booking so that we can try to advise you as to the suitability of your chosen arrangements. We may require you to produce a doctor's certificate certifying that you are fit to participate. Acting reasonably, if we are unable to properly accommodate the needs of the person(s) concerned, we will not confirm your booking or if you did not give us full details at the time of booking, we will cancel it and impose applicable cancellation charges when we become aware of these details. If, during your holiday, we become aware of a medical problem or disability which may affect your health and safety or the health and safety of others, which you did not disclose at the time of booking, we reserve the right to postpone, restrict or cancel your involvement in any cycling activities, at the tour leader's sole discretion.
14. Accommodation Provisions
B&B OPTION & DOUBLE OR TWIN/TRIPLE
If you choose the B&B only option you will stay in a mixture of B&B's, hotels and country pubs. If you are travelling with a friend then you will be roomed together in a twin or if you're with your partner then you will be in a double room (or a twin if you prefer). If you are travelling alone then you will be roomed with another member of the group in a twin or triple room (same sex). The actual stopovers may change from the advertised accommodation providers, if this happens then an equivalent standard of accommodation will be used nearby. The majority of the rooms you stay in will be en-suite however you may stay in a couple of rooms that are not en-suite.
SINGLE ROOM OPTION
If you choose the single room option, you will have your own room for the duration of the holiday. This will be in either a single room or single occupancy of a double room in a mixture of en-suite and non en-suite rooms.
SOLE USE OF A DOUBLE ROOM OPTION
If you choose this option, you will have a guaranteed double room to yourself throughout the tour. You will always have an en-suite each night of your holiday. There may be an exceptionally rare occasion when you have a separate bathroom but this is very unlikely. Occasionally you may have a twin room to yourself if a double room isn't available but again, this is rare.
YHA (YOUTH HOSTEL) OPTION
This option is only available for the fourteen day LEJOG tour. If you choose the YHA option you will stay in a mixture of hostels, hotels & B&B's staying in dormitory rooms, single rooms, twin rooms & triples.
We make every effort to ensure that your holiday arrangements run smoothly but if you do have a problem during your holiday, please inform the relevant supplier (e.g. your hotelier) and your tour leader immediately who will endeavour to put things right. If your complaint is not resolved locally, please contact 07495 023 022 or 01457851462.
If the problem cannot be resolved and you wish to complain further, you must send formal written notice of your complaint to us at our office, ideally within 28 days of the end of your stay, giving your booking reference and all other relevant information. Please keep your letter concise and to the point. This will assist us to quickly identify your concerns and speed up our response to you. Failure to follow the procedure set out in this clause may affect ours and the applicable supplier's ability to investigate your complaint, and will affect your rights under this contract.
You can access the European Commission Online Dispute Resolution (ODR) platform at http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/. This ODR platform is a means of registering your complaint with us; it will not determine how your complaint should be resolved. Please Note: the ODR platform is unlikely to be available for use by UK consumers at such a point that the UK ceases to be a member of the European Union.
16. Your Behaviour
All our customers are expected to conduct themselves in an orderly and acceptable manner and not to disrupt the enjoyment of others. If in our opinion or in the opinion of any hotel manager, tour leader or any other person in authority, your behaviour or that of any member of your party is causing or is likely to cause distress, danger or annoyance to any other customers or any third party, or damage to property, or to cause a delay or diversion to transportation, we reserve the right to terminate your booking with us immediately. In the event of such termination our liability to you and/or your party will cease and you and/or your party will be required to leave your accommodation or other arrangements immediately. We will have no further obligations to you and/or your party. No refunds for lost accommodation or any other arrangements will be made and we will not pay any expenses or costs incurred as a result of termination. You and/or your party may also be required to pay for loss and/or damage caused by your actions and we will hold you and each member of your party jointly and individually liable for any damage or losses caused by you or any member of your party. Full payment for any such damage or losses must be paid directly to the hotel manager or other supplier prior to departure. If you fail to make payment, you will be responsible for meeting any claims (including legal costs) subsequently made against us as a result of your actions together with all costs we incur in pursuing any claim against you. We cannot be held responsible for the actions or behaviour of other guests or individuals who have no connection with your booking arrangements or with us.
17. Our Responsibilities
- We will accept responsibility for the arrangements we agree to provide or arrange for you as an "organiser" under the Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018, as set out below and as such, we are responsible for the proper provision of all travel services included in your package, as set out in your confirmation invoice. Subject to these Booking Conditions, if we or our suppliers negligently perform or arrange those services and we don't remedy or resolve your complaint within a reasonable period of time, and this has affected the enjoyment of your package holiday you may be entitled to an appropriate price reduction or compensation or both. You must inform us without undue delay of any failure to perform or improper performance of the travel services included in this package. The level of any such price reduction or compensation will be calculated taking into consideration all relevant factors such as but not limited to: following the complaints procedure as described in these Booking Conditions and the extent to which ours or our employees' or suppliers' negligence affected the overall enjoyment of your holiday. Please note that it is your responsibility to show that we or our supplier(s) have been negligent if you wish to make a claim against us.
We will not be responsible or pay you compensation for any injury, illness, death, loss, damage, expense, cost or other claim of any description if it results from:
- the acts and/or omissions of the person affected; or
- the acts and/or omissions of a third party unconnected with the provision of the services contracted for and which were unforeseeable or unavoidable; or
- Events Beyond Our Control (as defined in clause 11).
We limit the amount of compensation we may have to pay you if we are found liable under this clause:
- loss of and/or damage to any luggage or personal possessions and money: the maximum amount we will have to pay you in respect of these claims is an amount equivalent to the excess on your insurance policy which applies to this type of loss per person in total because you are required to have adequate insurance in place to cover any losses of this kind.
- Claims not falling under (a) above and which don't involve injury, illness or death: the maximum amount we will have to pay you in respect of these claims is up to three times the price paid by or on behalf of the person(s) affected in total. This maximum amount will only be payable where everything has gone wrong and you or your party has not received any benefit at all from your booking.
Claims in respect of international travel by sea and rail, or any stay in a hotel:
- The extent of our liability will in all cases be limited as if we were carriers under the appropriate Conventions, which include The Athens Convention (with respect to sea travel); The Berne/Cotif Convention (with respect to rail travel) and The Paris Convention (with respect to hotel arrangements). You can ask for copies of these Conventions from our offices. Please contact us. In addition, you agree that the operating carrier or transport company's own 'Conditions of Carriage' will apply to you on that journey. When arranging transportation for you, we rely on the terms and conditions contained within these international conventions and those 'Conditions of Carriage'. You acknowledge that all of the terms and conditions contained in those 'Conditions of Carriage' form part of your contract with us, as well as with the transport company and that those 'Conditions of Carriage' shall be deemed to be included by reference into this contract.
- When making any payment, we are entitled to deduct any money which you have received or are entitled to receive from the transport provider or hotelier for the complaint or claim in question.
- It is a condition of our acceptance of liability under this clause that you notify any claim to us and our supplier(s) strictly in accordance with the complaints procedure set out in these conditions.
- Where any payment is made, the person(s) receiving it (and their parent or guardian if under 18 years) must also assign to us or our insurers any rights they may have to pursue any third party and must provide ourselves and our insurers with all assistance we may reasonably require.
Please note, we cannot accept any liability for any damage, loss or expense or other sum(s) of any description:
- which on the basis of the information given to us by you concerning your booking prior to our accepting it, we could not have foreseen you would suffer or incur if we breached our contract with you;
- relate to any business;
- indirect or consequential loss of any kind.
- We will not accept responsibility for services or facilities which do not form part of our agreement or where they are not advertised on our website. . For example any excursion you book whilst away, or any service or facility which your hotel or any other supplier agrees to provide for you.
- Where it is impossible for you to return to your departure point as per the agreed return date of your package, due to "unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances", we shall provide you with any necessary accommodation (where possible, of a comparable standard) for a period not exceeding three nights per person. Please note that the 3 night cap does not apply to persons with reduced mobility, pregnant women or unaccompanied minors, nor to persons needing specific medical assistance, provided we have been notified of these particular needs at least 48 hours before the start of your holiday. For the purposes of this clause, "unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances" mean warfare, acts of terrorism, significant risks to human health such as the outbreak of serious disease at the travel destination or natural disasters such as floods, earthquakes or weather conditions which make it impossible to travel safely back to your departure point.
Excursions or other tours that you may choose to book or pay for whilst you are on holiday are not part of your contracted arrangements with us. For any excursion or other tour that you book, your contract will be with the operator of the excursion or tour and not with us. We are not responsible for the provision of the excursion or tour or for anything that happens during the course of its provision by the operator.
19. Insolvency Protection
In accordance with the requirements of the Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018, we provide full financial protection for all package holidays that we sell, by way of a separate account held by HSBC.
If you book arrangements other than package holiday from us, your monies will not be financially protected. Please ask us for further details.
20. Passport, Visa and Immigration Requirements & Health Formalities
It is your responsibility to check and fulfill the passport, visa, health and immigration requirements applicable to your itinerary. We can only provide general information about this. You must check requirements for your own specific circumstances with the relevant Embassies and/or Consulates and your own doctor as applicable. Requirements do change and you must check the up to date position in good time before departure.
Most countries now require passports to be valid for at least 6 months after your return date. If your passport is in its final year, you should check with the Embassy of the country you are visiting. For further information contact the Passport Office on 0870 5210410 or visit https://www.gov.uk/browse/citizenship/passports.
Special conditions apply for travel to the USA, and all passengers must have individual machine readable passports. Please check https://uk.usembassy.gov. For European holidays you should obtain a completed and issued form EHIC prior to departure.
Up to date travel advice can be obtained from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, visit https://www.gov.uk/travelaware.
Non British passport holders, including other EU nationals, should obtain up to date advice on passport and visa requirements from the Embassy, High Commission or Consulate of your destination or country(ies) through which you are travelling.
We do not accept any responsibility if you cannot travel, or incur any other loss because you have not complied with any passport, visa, immigration requirements or health formalities. You agree to reimburse us in relation to any fines or other losses which we incur as a result of your failure to comply with any passport, visa, immigration requirements or health formalities.
21. Conditions of Suppliers
Many of the services which make up your holiday are provided by independent suppliers. Those suppliers provide these services in accordance with their own terms and conditions which will form part of your contract with us. Some of these terms and conditions may limit or exclude the supplier's liability to you, usually in accordance with applicable International Conventions. Copies of the relevant parts of these terms and conditions are available on request from us or the supplier concerned.
22. Prompt Assistance
If, whilst you are on holiday, you find yourself in difficulty for any reason, we will offer you such prompt assistance as is appropriate in the circumstances. In particular, we will provide you with appropriate information on health services, local authorities and consular assistance, and assistance with distance communications and finding alternative travel arrangements. Where you require assistance which is not owing to any failure by us, our employees or sub-contractors we will not be liable for the costs of any alternative travel arrangements or other such assistance you require. Any supplier or transport supplier may however pay for or provide refreshments and/or appropriate accommodation and you should make a claim directly to them. Subject to the other terms of these Booking Conditions, we will not be liable for any costs, fees or charges you incur in the above circumstances, if you fail to obtain our prior authorisation before making your own travel arrangements. Furthermore, we reserve the right to charge you a fee for our assistance in the event that the difficulty is caused intentionally by you or a member of your party, or otherwise through your or your party's negligence.
23. Delays, Missed Transport Arrangements and other Travel Information
If you or any member of your party misses a transport arrangement, it is cancelled or you are subject to a delay of over 3 hours for any reason, you must contact us and the transport supplier concerned immediately.
We cannot accept liability for any delay which is due to any of the reasons set out in clause 11 of these Booking Conditions.
24. Foreign Office Advice
You are responsible for making yourself aware of Foreign Office advice in regard to the safety of the countries and areas in which you will be travelling and to make your decisions accordingly. Advice from the Foreign Office to avoid or leave a particular country may constitute Events Beyond Our Control. (See clause 11).
Peak Tours Limited
38 Storth Meadow Road, Glossop, Derbyshire, SK13 6UZ.
Registered in England 7992506
VAT No 130935822